The EMPIRIS Foundation is an umbrella foundation based in Zurich and devoted solely to charitable purposes. It promotes science, research, and education across various fields and subjects.
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees comprises representatives from various fields of expertise. It ensures that the funds donated are used in accordance with the stipulations of the founders.
- PROF. DR. FELIX GUTZWILLER Chairman Professor emeritus of Preventive Medicine, former Director of the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine of the University of Zurich, former Member of the Council of States for the Canton of Zurich
- DR. THOMAS P. GOTTSTEIN Vice Chairman CEO Credit Suisse Group AG
- PROF. DR. NICOLAS MICHEL Social and Humanitarian Work Professor emeritus of International Law of the University of Geneva, legal advisor to the United Nations and the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- PROF. DR. SUSAN M. GASSER Science & Research Director of the Friedrich Miescher Institute, University of Basel
- DR. ALEX RÜBEL Nature & Ecology Director of the Zurich Zoo, veterinarian, and former President of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA)
The Foundation Office is responsible for the operational and administrative affairs of the EMPIRIS umbrella foundation. As part of project management, it evaluates eligible charitable projects and assesses possible partners.
Guido Braschler, Managing Director
Giovanni Peditto, Deputy Managing Director
Thomas D. Albert
EMPIRIS Charitable Foundation
+41 44 332 05 01