Requests submitted to the EMPIRIS Foundation are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Grants committees generally meet one to three times a year. The Board of Trustees decides on project requests twice a year (spring and fall).
In order to review a request for support, EMPIRIS requires complete documentation. This consists of:
- Project description: applicant form
- Detailed budget (investment, operating costs, payroll costs, etc.) with financing plan
- Logical framework matrix/logframe (for projects outside of Switzerland with a duration of more than three months and a total cost of over CHF 25,000): template
- Map with location where the project is to be carried out (for projects outside of Switzerland)
- Other attachments (e.g. photos, maps, floor plans)
If not published on the applicant's website:
- Applicant's articles of association
- Proof of tax exemption
- Financial report/financial statements for previous year
- Certified audit report for previous year
The project description should not exceed ten A4 pages. If Excel spreadsheets are submitted, these must be formatted in such a way that they can be printed legibly in A4 format.
Please submit your support request and any attachments in electronic format to email@example.com.
The final report on the supported project essentially consists of two parts:
A narrative report of max. ten pages (comparison of aims and results, explanation of any deviations, challenges, unforeseen events/circumstances, photos, etc.)
A financial report (use of funds, comparison of budget/actual costs, explanation of any significant deviations of +/-10%, financing overview)